Hampson-Russell STRATA with LithoSI Workshop
Seismic Inversion Workshop with LithoSI (2-day Workshop)
This course will be taught with our newly released HRS-9 software
This course will be at a more leisurely pace than our standard 1-day workshop and will include pre-stack inversion and our new LithoSI software.
Please note that the AVO and STRATA workshops overlap in the area of pre-stack inversion.
- Detailed, largely non-mathematical overview of the current seismic inversion methods.
- Demystifies the multitude of seemingly different methods used to invert post-stack seismic data.
- Basic overview of AVO inversion methods, ranging from elastic impedance to full, pre-stack inversion
- Introduction to LithoSI theory.
- Application of the pre- and post-stack seismic inversion method to various datasets.
- Application of LithoSI to pre-stack inversion results to generate litho-probability cubes.
- Combination of theory and practical exercises, using both the STRATA & LithoSI software. Exercises comprise approximately 65% of the course content.
- At the end of the course, the participant will be in a better position to evaluate inversion algorithms and methods, to undertake inversion projects, and to use the results for estimating lithology probability volumes.
Introduction: Convolutional models, wavelets, reflectivity and noise.
- Theory: Recursive, sparse-spike, model-based and colored inversion. Fatti’s AVO equation. Pre-stack methods of elastic impedance, Lambda-Mu-Rho and simultaneous inversion.
- Analysis: Seismic and wavelet processing; impact of initial model; inversion parameterization; log & seismic crossplottting.
- Practical: Examples of band-limited, coloured, sparse-spike and model-based post-stack inversions. Elastic impedance, pre-stack simultaneous inversion & LMR pre-stack methods. Log & volume crossplotting. Application of LithoSI to pre-stack inversion results.
* Simultaneous Inversion is NOT included in the practical exercises in STRATA but it is included in the AVO Workshop.
Classes run from 9:00 am until 4:30 pm. We provide lunch and refreshments.
Who Should Attend?
Geophysicists, geologists, engineers and technical staff who want to understand the theory and learn how to apply these increasingly critical techniques. Experience with Hampson-Russell software is NOT a prerequisite for this workshop, although students will become familiar with the functionality through attendance.
London SW1Y 4RF
Sales & Training
Hampson-Russell Software & Services
Tel: +44 (0)1293 683 404