Board of Directors & Its Committees
Board of Directors
Chaired by Robert Brunck, the Board of Directors determines Group objectives and supervises their implementation. The operating procedure of the Board is governed by the Internal Rules and Regulations of the Board of Directors.
The Board is assisted by five committees:
- The Appointment and Remuneration Committee
- The Strategic Planning Committee
- The Audit Committee
- The Technology Committee
- The HSE/Sustainable Development Committee
The Internal Rules and Regulations of the Board of Directors also define the composition, duties and operating procedures of the Committees established by the Board, excluding the Audit Committee and the Appointment & Remuneration Committee which have their own charter of functioning since March 8, 2005 and July 30, 2008 respectively.
Chairman of the Board
Robert Brunck is a graduate of the Ecole Polytechnique and the Ecole Supérieure des Mines in Paris.
He started his career at the Compagnie Générale de Géophysique (CGG) in 1985 as Special Counsel to the CEO and was named Deputy Executive Officer in 1987, Chief Financial and Legal Officer in 1989, and Vice President of Administration and Development in 1991.
In 1995, Robert was appointed CEO of CGG, and subsequently Vice Chairman and CEO and Director in September 1998, and Chairman and CEO in May 1999. Upon acquisition of Veritas DGC Inc. in January 2007, the Compagnie Générale de Géophysique became the Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas (CGGVeritas). As of 1st July 2010, Robert is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of CGG.
Before joining the CGG Group, Robert had been Director of the Equipment Transportation Network Center (CERT), Head of Production and Transportation for EDF (1979-1985), Division Manager of Subsoil Energy, and Special Counsel to the Prefect for Industry and Research in the Alsace region (1975-1979).
- Chairman of the Association pour la Recherche et le Développement des Méthodes et Processus Industriels (ARMINES)
- Director of the Centre Européen d’Education Permanente (CEDEP)
- Director of the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Géologie (ENSG)
- Director of the Bureau of Geological & Mining Research (BRGM)
- Director of the Groupement des Entreprises Parapétrolières & Paragazières - Association Française des Techniciens du Pétrole (GEP-AFTP)
- Director of NEXANS
He is an active member in several associations:
- The Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- The European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers (EAGE)
- The Cercle de l'Industrie