Geologic Services Department (GSD)
CGG' Geologic Services Department (GSD) provides unrivalled geological and geophysical expertise and resources worldwide. As hydrocarbon exploration challenges continue to grow, our GSD provides the industry with a unique set of tools with which to fully realize the value of acreage.
Key GSD Services
- Geological and geophysical evaluation of hydrocarbon regions to maximize understanding of oil and gas potential:
- Regional exploration frameworks for license rounds
- Detailed evaluations for targeted reports on specific license blocks or areas
- Industry reports for projects such as well-tie and rock-property studies.
- Survey location and design to ensure acquisition programs are located to best evaluate prospective hydrocarbon discoveries in both new and mature provinces.
- Liaison with governments and industry to build regional suites of information and materials to fully promote an area’s hydrocarbon potential:
- Targeted and delivered marketing excellence
- An unrivalled knowledge of industry opportunities
The GSD has played a key role in unlocking the potential of the UKCS Central North Sea
CGG is the industry’s largest geophysical contractor and its GSD is able to call upon unmatched resources to back up its own team of experts.
Unrivalled Worldwide Resources
- Global seismic reprocessing and imaging strength - over 45 centers worldwide
- Facies Finder and AVO inversion expertise
- Industry-leading computing resources via regional technology hubs
- Data rooms and visualization centers in key offices
- Unique breadth of services - land and marine acquisition, multi-client, processing & imaging, reservoir, etc.