Land Seismic for Reservoir Development
High-density, point-source, point-receiver, wide-azimuth “super crew" programs are providing the finest resolution of the subsurface with exceptional spatial and temporal bandwidth at the reservoir.
The advent of new processing techniques with improved expertise and technology have enabled this evolution in onshore seismic. High quality data with well-sampled signal and noise, improved illumination and very high fold, free from negative array effects – perfect for the highest standard reservoir imaging.
UltraSeis is the CGG solution for onshore reservoir development, utilizing high-density, broadband, array-free seismic data. It comprises key elements spanning equipment, acquisition, real time QC, processing algorithms and the capability to handle truly vast data volumes.
- Greater in-field productivity with the use of simultaneous single-vibrator acquisition techniques
- More finely resolve thin beds and small faults or shallow reservoirs characteristic of unconventional resources
- Better illuminate deep targets by utilizing superior low frequency performance
- Combine with EmphaSeis, a proprietary broadband Vibroseis sweep, to provide enhanced inversion and reservoir characterization
- Ideal for wide-azimuth geometries, for more accurate characterization of fractures and stress
- One-pass, full-volume processing and imaging, without data carving, with the same turnaround as conventional data
UltraSeis is a fully-integrated, comprehensive offering that includes acquisition services, in-field processing, advanced processing & imaging and reservoir characterization, leveraging the latest CGG technology and expertise.
- Broadband acquisition, processing and imaging
- Sercel428 XL recording systems with DSU1 and DSU3 digital single sensors and Nomad vibrators
- High-performance simultaneous single-vibrator acquisition (HPVA) including our proprietary V1 technique with in-field harmonic noise attenuation
- TeraQC in-field quality control handling terabytes of data on a daily basis, featuring real-time source deblending
- Advanced processing algorithms optimized for high-density datasets. All traces can be retained through to imaging at the native bin size
- Expert CGG staff seamlessly manage, acquire, process and deliver outstanding results at every stage, adhering to the highest standards in QHSE throughout.
The timeslice on the left shows legacy data, recorded and processed in a conventional manner. The timeslice on the right is taken from an UltraSeis DAF volume, featuring point-source, point-receiver acquisition on a 3.75x3.75m bin grid. The finer spatial sampling provides enhanced resolution and bandwidth, not only in the shallow but also at the reservoir level as shown here.