New Generation of Hampson-Russell Software
LithoSI quantifies uncertainty in seismic lithology and fluid prediction. Using multiple elastic parameters from the inversion of seismic data, it performs a supervised Bayesian classification to deliver probability cubes of predicted lithology or rock properties.
The LithoSI workflow is based on the modeling of multi-variate probability density functions from log data or from inverted elastic attributes at well locations as shown below.
Apply Bayesian classification to the 3D data volume. The outputs are a series of lithoprobability cubes and a cube of the most probable facies.
- Flexible technique using multiple elastic attributes
- Modeling of multi-variate probability density functions of arbitrary shape
- Solution for sparse well data using rock physics simulation
- Integrated inversion and classification workflow
- Superior definition of lithology classes
- More accurate assessment of lithology probabilities
- Stratigraphic framework facilitates interpretation
- Net-to-gross ratio maps from litho-classification
A No-Compromise Approach to Lithology Prediction
LithoSI gives you complete flexibility in the choice of the elastic parameters used for prediction, their uncertainty weighting and the resulting shape of the probability density functions for the chosen lithoclasses.
This ensures that you can design your classification scheme to give optimum lithology discrimination while fully assessing the inherent uncertainty.
Sections through the litho-probability cubes showing shale volume (Vsh) and water saturation (Sw) log curves at well locations.
Sections through the most probable lithology cube showing the lithology log at well locations
Downloadable PDF Presentation
Lithology Prediction using Seismic Inversion Attributes by Dan Hampson
- Dan Hampson presents the theory behind Hampson-Russell’s new LithoSI product. This new tool is used to predict lithology or classified well logs from pre-stack inversion attributes. Outputs are probability litho-cubes.
This is a PPT presentation; there is no live software demo included.
- Our demo video for Hampson-Russell’s new LithoSI product starts with an existing project with all necessary data loaded. It does not cover any aspects of data loading. We show you how to crossplot attribute logs to create the lithology logs that form the basis for the prediction. A new LithoSI session is created and we demonstrate how to create a super-volume from the seismic attribute volumes, in this case P-impedance & Vp/Vs derived from pre-stack inversion. Navigation of the LithoSI interface is explained in detail, as are numerous QC procedures using logs and sections. Finally, the predicted volume is created and displayed.
We advise you to watch the LithoSI Theory video prior to watching this software demonstration.