A Full-Azimuth Marine Solution
StagSeisTM is a 'next-generation' solution for subsalt imaging designed to reduce exploration and production risk by providing the best seismic images.
It addresses the most challenging areas where conventional wide azimuth acquisition fails to illuminate targets below complex overburdens. It includes a patented acquisition design (staggered vessel configuration) with very long offsets (up to 20km) and full azimuth coverage (up to 10km) for improved illumination.
StagSeis improves illumination beneath complex overburdens compared with standard wide-azimuth. Arrows indicate examples of steep dip imaging and subsalt structures.
Features and Benefits
- Ultra-long inline offset up to 20km
- Improves subsalt velocity accuracy
- Images steep dips
- Effective full azimuth coverage up to 10km
- Improves illumination of complex geology
- Allows more accurate salt model building
- Improves natural multiple attenuation
- Linear tow
- Consistent, regular azimuth, offset and fold distribution
- Compatible with conventional WAZ processing techniques
- Field data immediately available
- Faster turnaround times
- Scalable/ Repeatable suitable for development and 4D
- Compatible with BroadSeisTM
- Compatible with DovetailTM fanned acquisition
- Reduces need for infill caused by currents
- Improves survey turnaround time
Video: Stagseis - The Full-Azimuth Marine Imaging Solution
StagSeis is a game-changing, full-azimuth, ultra long-offset marine solution (2:52)
StagSeisTM data are acquired using multiple vessels with an innovative staggered configuration, optimized to maximise the azimuth variation, and maintain the offset distribution. It has been developed to provide the ultra-long offsets, full azimuth and broad bandwidth (especially low frequencies) required to face the challenges of imaging in complex areas like the Gulf of Mexico.
It is fully compatible with BroadSeisTM broadband acquisition, adding enhanced low frequencies which further improve deep imaging and provide quantitative inversion results. Our state-of-the-art subsalt imaging technology and expertise ensure the best results with this new acquisition design. StagSeis can easily be infilled to a finer line spacing to increase resolution in promising areas and is easily repeatable for use as a 4D baseline survey.
The CGG MCNV StagSeis survey location in the Gulf of Mexico
Gulf of Mexico Multi-Client Data Library Survey
In July 2012 we began the acquisition of a multi-client survey in the Gulf of Mexico. These data will be available as part of our data library program from summer 2014.