Complete Shale Solutions
Optimize Production from Shale Reservoirs
CGG draws on its extensive experience of all aspects of seismic acquisition and processing to provide integrated geophysical reservoir solutions, individually tailored for each survey, creating predicted 'sweet spot' attribute volumes and advanced geomechancal models.
These solutions are specifically designed to optimize well location and completions, to avoid hazards and maximize productivity.
We offer a toolkit of advanced technologies and services that can be tailored for any reservoir, but are particularly suitable for unconventional reservoirs, especially shale oil and gas. These solutions can include:
- Comprehensive Feasibility Study including Survey Evaluation & Design driven by petrophysical analysis.
- Reservoir-driven broadband wide-azimuth seismic acquisition, with multicomponent data where applicable.
- Processing and conditioning using the latest algorithms e.g. AGORA de-noise and REVIVE5D interpolation. REVIVE5D may overcome some acquisition limitations.
- Advanced reservoir analysis to produce detailed geomechanical and lithological models
- Multi-attribute analysis and correlation with well data to produce potential sweet spot volumes.
- MicroSeismic monitoring provides data for validating and fine tuning the geomechanical model.
Dynamic Young’s Modulus (red=high) with plates showing DHSR and maximum horizontal stress orientation. Bubbles show initial production rates of existing wells.
- Identifying hazards and sweet spots reduces risks and development costs and maximizes recovery and financial return on investments.
- The most reliable lithological and geomechanical attributes are derived from surveys that are specifically designed to target the reservoir and are calibrated and validated by correlation with existing well data.
- Detailed geomechanical models and flow rate predictions provide the information reservoir engineers need to design the most productive drilling and completion projects.
- A single integrated solution from a global company with expertise in all of its elements provides faster turnaround.
- Feasibility studies and survey evaluation tailors the solution to the specific reservoir targets.
Advanced Reservoir Characterization
- Information from well logs and vertical seismic profile (VSP) data gives a detailed view of the reservoir at the well location. Combining this with inversion of seismic data to derive geomechanical properties provides details between the wells.
- Understanding the stress characteristics provides details as to how the hydraulic fracturing process will behave
Calibration with existing well data is critical
- whether fractures will form
- whether they will remain open
- whether they will stay in the desired zone.
- Detailed lithological and geomechanical models derived from seismic data can be correlated to predict well flow rates using multi-attribute analysis.
- Calibration with existing production, well core and well test measurements enables the identification of potential hazards and sweet spots to optimize resource recovery while reducing drilling and production risks.
- Integrated geophysical solutions are key to the move from statistical drilling to targeted, sweet spot drilling, ensuring optimum return on investment from each well.
- These solutions give engineers a broader understanding of the entire play, enabling them to develop more detailed and cost-effective drilling programs, incorporating drilling directions and locations, as well as more targeted and efficient completion programs to achieve profitable production rates from wells.
- Predicted production maps of the play can be produced and validated by correlation and calibration with existing wells.